Re: Release_Notes

On Feb 07, Bob Hilliard wrote:
>      I thought I sent this on Thursday, Feb 4, but I haven't seen it
> on the list, and suspect something evil happened between my box and my
> ISP's mailer.  My apologies if this is a duplicate.

I received a copy of it before, but the repost reminded me to followup.

>      AFAIK, the Release-Notes are _not_ i386-centric, and should
> appear on the CDs for all ports, unless the developers involved with
> one of the other ports wish to prepare separate Release_Notes for that
> port.

> grep i386 Release-Notes | wc -l
      3

Perhaps your release notes are more i386-centric than you think ;-)

In all seriousness, a few minor things:

1. upgrade-ARCH doesn't exist for ARCH in [m68k, alpha], since they
   never had pre-2.0 releases (and alpha didn't have a 2.0 release; I
   guess this means the release notes really don't apply on alpha).

2. Changing all references to (binary|disks|upgrade)-i386 to -ARCH and
   saying for people to use their architecture instead of ARCH where
   they see it would be nice.

Otherwise I thought they do a pretty good job of explaining things for
upgraders from 2.0.

I plan to include your release notes along with a m68k-specific README
on the quasi-official (or maybe completely-official... who decides
these things?) m68k CD set I'm working on.

Chris
|        Chris Lawrence         |               My home page:               |
|   <quango@watervalley.net>    |     http://www.clark.net/pub/lawrencc/    |
|     Amiga A4000/060 with      |    Are you tired of politics as usual?    |
|      Linux/m68k 2.1.127       |             http://www.lp.org/            |