Re: rsync for backups anyone?

On Thu, Feb 04, 1999 at 10:10:06AM -0500, Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> A friend suggested I try `rsync' for backups. We don't appear to
> have a package for it (the www.debian.org package search engine
> is broken, so I looked in obvious sections).

~$ dpkg --print-avail rsync
Package: rsync
Section: net
Installed-Size: 158
Maintainer: Philip Hands <phil@hands.com>
Architecture: i386
Version: 2.1.1-1
Depends: libc6
Suggests: ssh
Filename: dists/frozen/main/binary-i386/net/rsync_2.1.1-1.deb
Size: 82450
MD5sum: 67b838e84ebe9e80cb67dec47dc9bbcf
 rsync is a program that allows files to be copied to and from remote
 machines in much the same way as rcp.  It has many more options than
 rcp, and  uses the  rsync remote-update protocol to greatly speedup
 file transfers when the destination file already exists.
 .
 The rsync remote-update protocol allows rsync to transfer just the
 differences between two sets of files across the network link.

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es