Re: Couple quirks still in Xfree86

>     Sergey> 2) XF86Setup can't find README files. Again, not a problem
>     Sergey> for experienced user, horrible for a newbie. The most
>     Sergey> annoying thing is that empty window appearing when you
>     Sergey> press the README button (after a couple of error
>     Sergey> messages). So either README button should be removed, or
>     Sergey> the paths to README files should be fixed. Even more
>     Sergey> convenient solution (though space wasting) would be to
>     Sergey> include all those xservers README file into xf86setup
>     Sergey> package.
>
> It'd be nice to say which README it couldn't find..

Those READMEs that are supposed to be shown whin you choose a vidio card
from a list and press the "Show README file" button below: README.SVGA
README.Mach64 etc. These files used to be in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc/ and
still are expected to be there. But now these files are only included into
the corresponding xserver-* packages and placed into /usr/doc/xserver-*.
So if you are not sure which xserver you need you'll have
to install all suspects and search through docs. Well, experienced user
can deduce the recommended server from the README.* file name on the error
message, so for me it's not a problem, just time consuming. But I bet, for
newbie it is dead end.

Sergey.