RE: Does anyone else find this extremely annoying?

> Updating package status cache...done
> Checking system integrity...ok
> Sorry, but the following packages are broken - this means they have unmet
> dependencies:
>   libgnome31: Depends:gnome-bin Depends:gdk-imlib1
> Press enter to continue.
>

>     I'm upgrading listar and nothing else.  I haven't upgraded those
> recently yet now it is broken and apt refuses to do anything.

What I find annoying is apt-get's tendency to automagically install new
packages without warning me.  So I use dselect with apt as the middle man.

If you want to use GNOME, I am afraid you will have to deal with it breaking.
it is such an amazingly fast moving target.