Re: -rpath with libtool and Debian Linux

On Jan 29, 1999, Steve Dunham <dunham@cse.msu.edu> wrote:

> Maybe we should just agree that libtool is broken, that it won't be
> fixed upstream, and just fix the Debian version?  This would mean
> that we would have to rerun autoconf &co when we build packages

Actually, you'd just have to modify the libtool script, after it is
generated, so as to set hardcode_libdir_flag_spec to the empty
string.  The attached script should do it; just run it after configure
in any Debian package and you're done.

--
Alexandre Oliva  http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva  aoliva@{acm.org}
oliva@{dcc.unicamp.br,gnu.org,egcs.cygnus.com,samba.org}