Re: suggestion: www.debian.org package list show the URL of the program

On Sat, Jan 30, 1999 at 08:08:49PM +0200, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 30, 1999 at 10:52:07AM -0500, James A. Treacy wrote:
> > The copyright files are already available.
>
> The changelog and copyright file links do not seem to work for all
> packages. Trying to fetch mixal's copyright file or changelog results in
> pages like this:

The files are only available for those packages that lintian has a
laboratory for on master. I have no idea why the packages you listed
don't have one - contact the lintian maintainer to find out why.

> > Sure some packages include it in the copyright file,
>
> I usually include it in README.Debian.
>
> > (grabbing the first url in the copyright
> > file is prone to error given the lack of a standard format).
>
> My first URL is usually the upstream tarball URL.

Exactly my point. It's not standardized. Until there is a standardized way
to access them they won't be made available.

Jay Treacy