experimental new strace

Joel Klecker just reminded me of a strace tarball from Ulrich Drepper
with a lot of his changes, and since I aim to make Debian's strace the
one-and-only-strace that includes all possible features I had to
incorporate it in my sources.. so I just went through a nice 6500-line
diff and modified quite a lot of strace in the process (yes folks, it
is official now: even Ulrich Drepper can make amazingly silly errors!).
I probably broke a lot of stuff, most likely sparc code, but it seems
to work for me.

I want to urge everyone to try this package, especially on powerpc (I
moved a lot of syscalls around that might break there) and sparc (UD
handled a couple of sparc things differently, I could have broken
something in the merger).

Oh, you have to have 2.1.x or 2.2.x kernel sources in /usr/scr/linux
to compile this thing, the includes from glibc2 are not good enough.
And no, I don't think I'll fix that: I need the include from a recent
kernel to get the structures for stat and signal correct..

Finally a note to the guy who made the 3.1.0.1-9.1 NMU: tough luck,
I didn't incorporate your changes since you never send them to me.
Better luck next time.

Oh, the new version is 3.1.0.1-10, it's in Incoming, but you can get
it at http://www.wi.leidenuniv.nl/~wichert/debian/testing in the
meantime.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl