Re: XFree86 at master.debian.org/~branden/xfree86

Branden Robinson wrote:
>*) No damn circular symlinks.  Check the /etc/X11/xinit and
>/etc/X11/xserver directories for them.  Some of my postinsts, and dpkg
>itself, should scream at upgrade time if this happens, but it never hurts
>to be sure.

I just upgraded from to with apt-get, and they're
still there (note - they might have been there in -8 before as well - I didn't

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           24 Nov 29 15:07 xinit/xserverrc -> /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc
lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           31 Nov 29 15:07 xserver/SecurityPolicy -> /etc/X11/xserver/SecurityPolicy
Robert Woodcock - rcw@debian.org
"It's like a love-hate relationship, but without the love." -- jwz, on linux