RE: -rpath with libtool and Debian Linux

This is the perfect way of doing if the same package install a common
shared library and a set of programs using it; then relative paths are
OK. By this does not solve the problem of finding independently
installed libraries or system ones... There -rpath will force to use the
absolute path of these libraries on the development system and if
installed as a binary package, these may be in slightly differing places
(I'm sure there is system libs that are in /usr/lib in some Linux
distribs but in /lib or /usr/local/lib in others...)

AFAIK this is the subject of this whole thread about -rpath: how could
we create binary distributions that WORK... (other than statically
linking all executables of course...)

Regards,

		Bernard

------