Re: Getting Slink compatible with Linux-2.2.0

On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Jan 1999, Gergely Madarasz wrote:
>
> > > But is that specific problem Debian/slink related..? That is, does it work
> > > correctly with potato?
> >
> > No, it does not work correctly with potato either. It seems to be a
> > general incompatibility with 2.2
>
> 2.2 did something bizzar to how the packet filter code needs to work,
> nothing that used that mechanism will work anymore. Anyone made sure that
> libpcap works?

I used tcpdump on 2.1.8x kernels iirc. It just needs the packet socket
configure option in the kernel. And I just asked a friend to test it on
a 2.2pre kernel, it still works.

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/