Re: Getting Slink compatible with Linux-2.2.0

On Tue, Jan 26, 1999 at 08:36:53PM +0100, Remco van de Meent wrote:

> I just tried to match the Changes file from Linux-2.2.0 with the slink
> distribution, and was happy to find out that almost every requirement
> mentioned in that file is fullfilled by the packages (versions) in slink.
> However, one dependancy isn't resolved: util-linux. Linux-2.2.0 wants
> util-linux 2.9g, but the one in slink is 2.7.1. Potato does have 2.9g.  The
> main difference between them is the mkswap utility (support for swapfiles
> 128M).

Changes says that net-tools 1.49 is required.  It says to use 'hostname
-V' to determine the version, but this does not work.  'route -V' in both
slink and potato indicate that the net-tools version is 1.45.

Is an upgrade needed here?  I haven't noticed any problems with this, but
I'm not familiar with the specific differences between 1.45 and 1.49.

Bob

----