Re: New logo strategy

> I agree with James Treacy's observation that we will probably need two
> logos: one logo with a liberal license that people can just freely, and
> another, more restricted logo for things like official CD's and so.

   This seems like a logical solution.  Having the official "Debian" logo
could perhaps be more generic, thus used to deal with the issue of what
happens if Debian eventually becomes largely a hurd distribution or takes some
other unknown directional turn in the future.

   One question I had was out of the two options you list above, which
category do you see our present logo falling into: the liberal license or the
official logo?  Or would this new logo contest be used to choose logos for
both categories?

--
 Regards,                | Why would anyone want to run an operating
 .                       | system that is open source and is developed