debhelper & /usr/bin/passwd
- To: "Debian Developer's List" <email@example.com>
- Subject: debhelper & /usr/bin/passwd
- From: Ossama Othman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 21:09:05 -0600 (CST)
- Message-id: <Pine.SOL.3.96.990125210611.29419A-100000@macarena>
I just updated my potato system. The only two packages that were being
updated were debhelper and egcs-docs. I got a warning from dpkg that
debhelper (it seemed) was trying to overwrite /usr/bin/passwd. Due to all
of the trojan rumours flying around, I got a little scared. Also, I
couldn't see why debhelper would want to overwrite /usr/bin/passwd.
Any ideas? Is this something I should worry about?
Ossama Othman <email@example.com>
58 60 1A E8 7A 66 F4 44 74 9F 3C D4 EF BF 35 88 1024/8A04D15D 1998/08/26