Re: Debian logo & its license

James A. Treacy <treacy@debian.org> wrote:
> Not true. It's the Debian Free SOFTWARE Guidelines.

You're trying to make a distinction between code and data, here?
That doesn't work for the general case.

> A logo is not software.

I'm not sure you're working with a viable definition of software.

Here's the definition I get from www.m-w.com:

Main Entry:     soft·ware
Pronunciation:  'soft-"war, -"wer
Function:       noun
Date:   1960
:	something used or associated with and usually contrasted with hardware:
as a : the entire set of programs, procedures, and related documentation
associated with a system and especially a computer system;
specifically : computer programs
   b : materials for use with audiovisual equipment

--
Raul