Re: check if X is running?

I think another way to do it is to build two seperate binaries.  For
example, create xprog and prog, one that is X-only, and another that is
console-only.  This allows the user to specifcally set which version they
want, and it might also reduce the amount of code needed per program and
speed it up a bit.  Downside is, tho, you have to actually seperate the
code for both programs, and keep them updated at the same time (or just
share .c files... however you please.).  Anyway.  As far as detection, I
dunno, but hope this helps.

Do Svidonia,

Martin Held
heldm@ucs.orst.edu
The way to love anything is to realize that it might be lost.