Re: getting kernel 2.2 into slink

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999, David Welton wrote:

> The kernel is stable, but is the kernel + debian stable?  No one
> knows.

Well, assuming it's an improvement on the pre-release ones, we can make a
pretty good guess :)

> I think we should include it, as a service to people who don't want to
> download the whole thing, but attach a note saying "As 2.2 was
> released just before we released slink, we are including it, but there
> may be problems, it might eat your computer... we are not responsible
> for anything at all..."

But we say that anyway! I don't think there's any need to FUD 2.2, but we
could perhaps include the fact that it is relatively untested on debian at
the time of release, and to check bugs.debian.org

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Selwyn College Computer Support