Re: Debian booth at LinuxTag '99?

In article <[🔎] 19990120045047.A4133@grisu.weh.rwth-aachen.de>,
Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> wrote:

> One question: Is it right, that you search for a Linux Distribution for
> your 'Tagungs-CD'. Last year it was suse, the year befor redhat. Right?
> This year, debian?

Choosing the underlying distribution to build the LinuxTag CD from has
always been a most painful decision. The infighting that occurred last
year over the choice SuSE vs. Red Hat turned ugly. I don't expect the
decision to come any easier this year.

Frankly, I don't think that Debian has a realistic chance. Partly this
has pragmatic reasons: Only a minority of the LinuxTag crew--and a not
particularly outspoken one at that--uses Debian, and I don't think we
have anybody who knows how to build a debian package. The other part I
don't want to get into here, but rational reasons don't come into it.

Just in case: How much support could the Debian project give us for
production of a Debian-based LinuxTag CD-ROM?

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                  naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de
    carpe librum: books 'n' reviews <URL:http://www.carpe.com/buch/>