Re: New DFSG Draft revision #3

On 20-Jan-99 Gregor Hoffleit wrote:
> In the case of Zope, I have to disagree. You have to think of Zope as
> an application with an GUI realized in HTML. I don't see a difference
> to an application that publishes its GUI as X11 calls:
>
> Your DFSG2 draft says "The license may require such notices to be
> displayed: * during execution of the software".

Are you saying that this zope software (and I am unfamaliar with it) is running
while the webpage is being displayed?  I think I need to know more about Zope
to understand the situtation.  I'm picturing this like... vim or nvi or {fillin
your favorite editor} requiring <created in vim> at the top of every file.

The easiest way to find out if it's the "commonly accepted interpretation" is
to see if there is any other software, in main, with the same license...

* http://benham.net/index.html                                     <><  *