Re: Debian goes big business?

On Tue, Jan 19, 1999 at 04:55:29PM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> Shawn writes:

> > I am all for a for-profit business forming as a value-added seller
> > of Debian products. Such a business could focus on
> > pre-installations, packaging and marketing, and user support. I
> > would think a very successful business could be built on such a
> > model, and there would be no necessary control flowing either way
> > between said business and the Debian organization. The Debian
> > community would control the software, such a business (and there
> > could be many of them) would control its own marketing, packaging,
> > support program, etc.

> Exactly!  This is just the sort of company I would love to participate in.

This is what Prosa (www.prosa.it) is, for the record.  I'll be
translating the web pages soon, so that non-italian speakers can see
what it's all about:-> Alessandro Rubini (who wrote Linux Device
Drivers, as well as the Kernel Corner column for the Linux Journal) is
one of their employees.

Ciao,

        Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org