Re: Debian v2.1 ("Slink") Deep Freeze

On 19 Jan 1999, James Troup wrote:

> Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:
>
> > Could somebody explain me, why, oh why, do we have to wait more than
> > two months for trivial ftp.debian.org bugs to be fixed?
>
> Perhaps because the more you whine about it the more prone we are to
> ignore you?

Personally, I really hope that's not the case.

Bugs against ftp.debian.org are often important - these ones are holding
up slink's release (granted, they're not the only things holding it up).

It would be upsetting to think that our ftp.debian.org maintainer team was
choosing to spite the whole distribution because some developers were
whining.

It is also always upsetting to see an 'ad hominem' answer to an important
question - however the original question was couched.

So, could I (respectfully) ask someone on the ftp.debian.org team to
explain the delay?  If the problem is time constraints on the individuals
concerned - which is something we can all have sympathy for - then perhaps
the team would like to ask for volunteers to help with the spade-work.

Jules