Re: Intent to package: daemontools (and cdb)

On Mon, 18 Jan, 1999, Tommi Virtanen wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 1999 at 09:34:43PM +1300, Carey Evans wrote:
> > According to the README in the CDB archive, the CDB C source is public
> > domain, so if you strip out the docs, etc. you could put it in main.
>
> 	Yes. But as that doesn't cover even the manpages,
> 	or pedantically even the Makefile, I don't think
> 	that's useful.

Well if it is only source code that is ok, the DFSG does not cover documentry
only source code, I don't know if that includes Makefiles, I guess it does. So
all you need to rewrite are the Makefiles, and then it could go into main.

> 	It's more of a "if you want to use this in your
> 	own programs, go right ahead".

Could you contact the author and ask them to change the licence?

--
GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
                                                -- The GNU Manifesto