chroot, squid and the fhs?

Hi!

I would like to move my squid into a chroot environment for safety
reasons. However, I don't have a clue where to move the squid in the
file system. At the moment, I have squid installed into /usr/local/
with the cache located at /var/cache/squid.

With the ftp setup as a model, I believe that /home/squid would
probably be appropriate. Anything else (/, /usr/local, /var/squid)
will violate the fhs at some place.

However, with /home/squid, it would be clumsy to move the squid
directory to its own disk partition to prevent a full cache from
breaking the system - I belive disk mounts unter /home to be ugly.

After thinking a while, I think would mount the squid partition as
/mnt/squiddisk with a soft link from /mnt/squiddisk to /home/squid.

Any comments on this?

Greetings
Marc