Re: make mutt the `standard' mail reader

On Fri, Jan 15, 1999 at 02:01:22PM -0800, Joseph Carter wrote:

> > elm is no longer in development, oh i suppose mutt has only just entered beta,
> > shall we wait till it gets to version 1 or 2

I know you didn't write this Knghtbrd, and as the maintainer of our Elm, I
don't really care one way or another, but:

Our Elm is not the standard Elm.  Ours is Elm-ME+, which *does* have active
development.  (It is, unlike mutt, a released thing though.)  It sports PGP,
MIME, etc. which the "normal" mutt does not.  It also has frequent updates
and an active upstream maintainer.

> MUA to configure at this time.  If that changes mutt will have a good
> chance of taking on pine as a user's favorite MUA.  =>  Once I understood
> the config files it wasn't hard for me to use them, but when I was first
> looking at it, the config files were frustrating.

Yes, once mutt gets a config menu like our Elm does, I think it would be a
reasonable replacement at that time.