Re: libpng & gnome & slink

Brian Almeida wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 13, 1999 at 06:01:01AM +0100, Vincent Renardias wrote:
> > On which precise picture do you get the bug?
> E15 CVS's default background picture.

> > (I ask, since 5 people told the new libpng fixes their problem and
> > you're the only one to tell it's not working

Sorry, I should have gotten back to you sooner, Vincent.  I'm still
having problems with your test libraries myself.  I get Black lines on
*some* eterm backgrounds.  Which is better than it used to be -- it used
to be black lines on *all* tiled eterm backgrounds.

Spot-checking some backgrounds from the eterm 0.8.7 menu (this is a
slink system, btw), "70's marble" shows solid black lines.  "7m" shows
*dotted* black line (this is new behavior), and "Anomoly" shows *no*
black line.  Before I installed libpng2_1.0.2-1.1, all three showed
solid black lines.

The fact that I'm using 16bpp at 1152x864 may be relevent to all of
this.

But in any case, there *does* still seem to be a problem, but the
behavior *has* changed, and it works correctly *sometimes*, which it
didn't before.  The dotted lines are completely new (and somewhat
surprising).