Re: Intent to package: [Biology] fastDNAml maximum likelihood program

On 11/01, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

| Technically, fastDNAml will have the same problem as the Phylip package does:
| it relies on dozens of programs (actually, shell scripts), with names which
| are likely to clash ("global", "restart"). I will probably hide them behind a
| wrapper, like I did in Phylip, at the price of surprise for fastDNAml
| experienced users.

What you can do is put those executables in /usr/lib/fastdnaml/ for example
and have your wrapper call them. This means that experienced fastDNAml users
will be able to put /usr/lib/fastdnaml in their PATH and get the behaviour
they expect without using your wrapper.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@debian.org