Re: What's in Debian 2.1 (Codename Slink a.k.a "frozen") ??

On Sun, Jan 10, 1999 at 03:50:08PM +0000, Andrew Martin Adrian Cater wrote:
> Q. Which version of XFree86 will Debian/GNU Linux 2.1 ship with?
>
> 	A. XFree86 3.3.2. XFree 3.3.3 was released too late to be automatically
>            included - the Debian maintainer runs the risk of introducing more
>            bugs than 3.3.3 solves by an over-hasty release.
>            Debian/GNU Linux 2.2 ("Potato") will include 3.3.3 as soon as this
>            is packaged.  If, for some reason, you _must_run XFree86 version
>            3.3.3, e.g. your hardware is inadeqately supported by XFree86
>            version 3.3.2, there are interim  workarounds which may allow you
>            to substitute X server binaries.

Please change this to 3.3.2.3.  The version that ships with slink will also
include one further buffer-overflow-prevention patch from 3.3.3 (the only
other security patch known to me).

--
G. Branden Robinson              |   I must despise the world which does not
Debian GNU/Linux                 |   know that music is a higher revelation