Re: editline

On Sun, 10 Jan, 1999, Gergely Madarasz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a non-free package called hugs, which can make use of a readline
> library. Of course I can't link it against libreadline because it is GPL
> but I see there is something called editline which can be used instead...
> I could not find this packaged... is anyone using this, should I search
> for it and package it up, etc ?

yes, i recently tried to recompile ash with line editing capabilites, it
needed a library called editline or something like that. from what i
understand it is avaliable as part of BSD (386BSD or NetBSD or FreeBSD), i
think a debian package would be useful. i do not think there should be any
licence problems, I suspect it is under the BSD licence

--
GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
						-- The GNU Manifesto