Re: FWD: RMS and Debian on his Toshiba

On Fri, Jan 08, 1999 at 12:46:27PM +0000, Enrique Zanardi wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 08, 1999 at 01:59:16PM +0200, Fabrizio Polacco wrote:
> > I agree.
> > I am at this moment trying to compile a kernet to boot a thinkpad 600
> > which doesn't boot with new bootdisks.
>
> I don't remember seeing your bug report... may you explain me what's
> going wrong?

Sorry, no bug report.
I made several experiments, all failed (loading from floppy stops, from
CD gives A20 error).
I found an hamm image on the web (http://www.htp.org/~sen/debian/tp770ed)
which partially worked (installs but modules are broken). With that I
proceded installing from a hamm CD.
This weekend I plan to compile 2.0.34 with modules and pcmcia following
the config report found on that web page (you could check what's the
real difference with the images we have now).
Then, when I have the pcmcia net up, I plan to upgrade to frozen, get
latest&gratest stabel kernel and repeat the creation.

Test if installs on thinkpad and on desktop, and submit to you for
discussion.

My primary goal is to have the tp600 running, as I refused to install
win98 on it and I have to do real work with it (it's not mine).
X will come later :-)

If you are able to find a good reason why the hamm or frozen disks
didn't load (while those on debian 1.1 did :-(  ), then ... great!

fab