Re: GS development question

Philip Thiem <ptt@umr.edu> writes:

> I want to add drivers for the Xerox Docuprint Series Printer
> I have been offered there "special additions" to HP PCL3 codes
> However they request I sign a non-discolsure agreement
> Considering both gs-aladdin and gs (gnu gs) I was think that
> 	any driver I make would be considered a dervived work
> So I could not write the drivers with the information from Xerox
> 	and still be ok with the non-discolsure agreement.

I believe gs is GPL, so wouldn't your driver also have to be GPL to be
linked with it? The information would have to be released, and this
would be against the NDA.

> Am I Right? I am going to be contacting the guy via phone
> 	and discuss this finally, and see if I can get them to
> 	budge.

Good idea - convince them that the more support there is for their
proprietary extensions, the more people might want to use their systems.

	Martin.