Re: 2.0.36 in slink, so isdnutils should go in as well!

On Thu 07 Jan 1999, Stephen J. Carpenter wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 06, 1999 at 11:29:50AM +0100, Paul Slootman wrote:
>
> does the old version (currently in slink) not work with 2.0.36? (I assume
> that is the case)

The old version does _not_ work with 2.0.36.

> Does the NEW version not work with older kernels? (that is important...

Yes, the new version works with older kernels. I've made an effort to
ensure that. If the old version worked with it, the new version should
as well.

Some people raised a false alarm about this not being true, but they
were not using the old version; they had been using interim versions
of the kernel and utils code from CVS. As soon as you don't use
"official" debian versions, you're on your own...

> either) but if it ONLY works with the newer kernel then I must "protest"
> (not that it effects me...I run kernel 2.1.131 and have no ISDN anyway)

The new version should work with 2.1.131 as well :-)

Paul Slootman
--
home: paul@wurtel.demon.nl | work: paul@murphy.nl | debian: paul@debian.org
http://www.wurtel.demon.nl | Murphy Software,   Enschede,   the Netherlands