Re: ARM port, auto-recompilation, and binary-only revision bumps

On Wed, Jan 06, 1999 at 10:30:11PM -0800, Jim Pick wrote:

> However, I see one potential big ugly.
>
> We'll need to increment the version numbers on the new builds of all
> the binary packages so they replace the old (incompatible) versions on
> the ftp site.
>
> I could do this by doing mass NMUs -- one for each package.  However,
> that would affect all the ports that are using an auto-compilation
> system (ie. wanna-build) - they'll end up needlessly rebuilding the
> packages.  I don't think that would make me very popular.

Maybe we could work with the FTP site maintainer to just replace the
whole lot of packages when the time comes, or something like that
(human intervention).  The old packages will be useless anyway..

Ciao,

        Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org