Re: How to ensure the integrity of Debian mirrors?

Hi,

> Do you mind telling what distribution this was?
> If this was a redhat machine I know 2 people personally that had their
> machines hacked (yes I don't like saying cracked) just last week so it
> may not have come from the mirror.

yes, it was a redhat machine. The machine was hacked at Dec 13,
1998 immediately after the installation. This might have been
by chance but I consider this rather unlikely. At least a
mirror of a linux distribution is a worthwhile target for
a potential intruder and we should take some care to ensure
the integrity of our mirrors.

Cheers, Thomas