Re: glibc + kernel headers

On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, Tibor Koleszar wrote:

> I've written a small porgram which uses kernel accounting, but cant compile
> under glibc because kernel headers are invalid. gcc gives me back this :
>
> In file included from /usr/include/linux/if.h:23,
>                  from accounting.h:11,
>                  from stag.c:5:
> /usr/include/linux/socket.h:38: warning: SCM_RIGHTS' redefined
> /usr/include/socketbits.h:216: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
[snip]

These are warnings, not the reason your compile is dying.  They probably
aren't helping the compile, so you may still want to look into getting rid
of them.  If you send me your full failed compile output, I'll point you
to your problem (not on my debian system now, so I can't try our source).

HTH,
Brandon

| Brandon Mitchell * bhmit1@mail.wm.edu * http://bhmit1.home.ml.org/ |
|  Sometimes you have to release software with bugs. - MS Recruiter  |