Re: dpkg-logger

>> "BC" == Ben Collins <bmc@visi.net> writes:

BC> Dpkg should do it's own logging of the output it normally send to
BC> the screen.

I agree.

[deb-log]

BC> allows the maintainer much more control of what he/she sends to
BC> stdout and what they think _really_ needs to be logged since it
BC> may be needed later. Dpkg cannot assume any of that info.

I believe a package shouldn't make any output that is not important
during installation. So with this assumption, any output is worth to
be logged or shown somehow. It is just the user, that decides (using
deb-log config and possible deb-log alternatives) how this happens.

Ciao,
	Martin