Re: dpkg.log

On Fri, Jan 01, 1999 at 02:22:14PM +0100, Alexander N. Benner wrote:
> Would it be possible to change things so that you can say: 'do this, do that',
> then go away and when you come back .. there it is : a debian system?
> Afterwards when you have a cup of tea and some time, read the loog, see what
> changed, and so on?

Apt tries to do everything it can then ask all the questions at the end,
FWIW.

> At installtime I do not now for example if a maintainer version of a script
> or a .conf is better r not, I have to diff it l8r anyway. Why not just take
> 'N' as the default unless something realy changed (like in bind reacently)?

Wichert has a good proposal for dealing with these and will be working on
it for potato.

> I like it that debian asks a lot. but it'll be sometimes a bit out of place.

The option to configure things later would be a big plus.  Nobody is
going to contest that one!  =>

--
I'm not supposed to mention that you can eat at Joe's if you want to.