Re: Unmet dependencies in slink

On Sat, Nov 14, 1998 at 04:36:48AM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Martin Schulze wrote:
> > I made a quick check of the Packages file from slink and found
> > these possible showstoppers:
>
> I'm guessing you only looked at packages in main?
>
> > I wonder what we're going to do about them.  Wichert, can you monitor
> > them?  I guess I shall files some bug reports.
>
> I'll try to keep up..
>
> > Package: crypt++el 2.84-3
> >   Unmet recommendation: mailcrypt
>
> I'm guessing mailcrypt is in non-us, so either this package should be moved
> to contrib or the recommendation should be downgraded to a Suggest.
>
> > Package: vrwave 0.9-1
> >   Unmet dependency: jdk1.1-runtime|jdk-shared|jdk-static
>
> This package should be moved to contrib, the jdk stuff is not in main.
>
> > Package: vrwave 0.9-1
> >   Unmet dependency: unzip
>
> unzip isn't in main, so this should be downgraded to a Suggests or vrwave
> should be moved to contrib.
>
> > Package: mutt 0.94.15-2
> >   Unmet recommendation: gnupg
>
> gnupg is in non-us, I don't think we have a policy on dependencies on packages
> in non-us. I suggest downgrading the recommendation to a suggest.

I wholeheartedly agree!  mutt works FINE without any crypto software at all,
though I use the same pgp/keyrings I use for signing uploaded packages.

> > Package: yorick-dev 1.4-9
> >   Unmet dependency: xdevel
>
> xdevel? That doesn't exist..

Somebody has an xdevel someplace!  heh

> > Package: boot-floppies 2.0.11
> >   Unmet dependency: slang0.99.38-pic
>
> iirc a new versino if slang is needed.
>
> > Package: most 4.7-1.1
> >   Unmet dependency: slang0.99.38
>
> Same.

An upload of the boot-floppies without slang0 should happen soon.  Those
libs should be in oldlibs don't you think?

--
Show me the code or get out of my way.