Re: Unmet dependencies in slink

Previously Martin Schulze wrote:
> I made a quick check of the Packages file from slink and found
> these possible showstoppers:

I'm guessing you only looked at packages in main?

> I wonder what we're going to do about them.  Wichert, can you monitor
> them?  I guess I shall files some bug reports.

I'll try to keep up..

> Package: crypt++el 2.84-3
>   Unmet recommendation: mailcrypt

I'm guessing mailcrypt is in non-us, so either this package should be moved
to contrib or the recommendation should be downgraded to a Suggest.

> Package: vrwave 0.9-1
>   Unmet dependency: jdk1.1-runtime|jdk-shared|jdk-static

This package should be moved to contrib, the jdk stuff is not in main.

> Package: vrwave 0.9-1
>   Unmet dependency: unzip

unzip isn't in main, so this should be downgraded to a Suggests or vrwave
should be moved to contrib.

> Package: mutt 0.94.15-2
>   Unmet recommendation: gnupg

gnupg is in non-us, I don't think we have a policy on dependencies on packages
in non-us. I suggest downgrading the recommendation to a suggest.

> Package: yorick-dev 1.4-9
>   Unmet dependency: xdevel

xdevel? That doesn't exist..

> Package: boot-floppies 2.0.11
>   Unmet dependency: slang0.99.38-pic

iirc a new versino if slang is needed.

> Package: most 4.7-1.1
>   Unmet dependency: slang0.99.38

Same.

> Package: debian-cd 2.0.2
>   Unmet dependency: unzip

See comments for vrwave.

> Does anybody object about its removal?

Do you mean with `its' all mentioned packages? If so I definitely
object since I don't want to miss mutt. Also debianp-cd might be usefull
if we ever want to produce CD-images...

Wichert.