Re: freezing powerpc and sparc

In article <[🔎] 19981109233213.A3314@isr.uni-stuttgart.de>, Christian Meder <meder@isr.uni-stuttgart.de> writes:

>> needed kernel > > 2.1, which I okayed.  > > I would like to see
>> Sparc getting frozen. If we don't make the release > we tried it at
>> least ;-)
>>
>> No.  Doing that means big hits to the FTP mirrors.  "Do or do not.
>> There is no 'try'."  <grin>

> Ok. I vote for 'do'.

Why the hysteria right now?  Can't we do a somewhat delayed release of
sparc if need be?

Robustness and quality is all important.  And a good installation
document for sparc and all ports.  If you burn users with a bad
release, that's worse then never releasing.  Waiting until it's good
is the best middle path.  Remember RedHat 5.0?