Re: freezing powerpc and sparc

On Fri, Nov 06, 1998 at 01:52:30PM -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 06, 1998 at 09:23:00AM -0500, Brian White wrote:
> > It's up to you guys.  I was told powerpc was ready except it needed kernel
> > 2.1, which I okayed.
>
> In that case, we'll wait for the next time around - hopefully we should
> be ready by then.

the linuxppc folk just have announced that they are going to release a glibc2.1 based distrib by december, it
would have been nice to release debian/ppc before them.

by the way, whats the status on X, the packages are again there, but i am not bale to check them.

is it no problem to use xbase_3.3.2.3a-7.deb together with xlib6g_3.3.2.3-1.deb and
xserver-fbdev_3.3.2.3-1.deb.

i am sorry that i was not able to help more like i wanted, but my scsi cable is broken and in reparation right
now, so i don't have disks to play with. Is it possible to get an account on tervola or some other ppc box ?

Friendly,

Sven LUTHER