Re: Freeze Arches

On Sat, 07 Nov, 1998, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> >> I thought we were going to do "developer snapshots"
>
> > Isn't that what unstable is?
>
> Indeed!
>
> As you can see, the reason for doing developer snapshots for some of
> the arches where it's not really release ready but it's not all that
> shoddy neither is to simply increase exposure.  I.e., marketing.

WRONG

What about developers with metered phone bills? If I tried to download all the
source and binaries from unstable it would take ages and cost me lots. I would
prefer the option to buy on CD.

Those working on other archs (i am a i386 man) probably feel the same way. I
mean, what if they hose their system, at least they have most of the packages
on CD.

--
GNU does not eliminate all the world's problems, only some of them.
						-- The GNU Manifesto