Re: Master is still *really* slow:-/

On Wed, Nov 04, 1998 at 05:15:41PM -0800, Philippe Troin wrote:
>   o Receiving a file from master is quite bad: the traffic is very
>     bursty.

I have the same problem with cw.net, my direct uplink.  needless to say,
this reflects on my mtr's as the problem being more cw.net than anything on
master's end, but there are problems with both.  I was getting 20% loss for
awhile but it eventially dropped to 12% as packets FINALLY started arriving
in big chunks.

Of coruse just as I started to mouse a copy of that, cw.net started acting
up more and it started looking like the problem was actually my end.

I've sent complains to my isp before...  The response I got back was "Are
you using netscape or M$IE?  How did you get these numbers and what are
they?  I asked around and nobody knows what this means" I'm like damn people
hire me!  I apparently know more tcp/ip than the lot of you put together!
hehe

YES, these people run NT.  I tollerate them because they're the cableco,
they're cheap, and because they promise cable modems as soon as the town has
fully upgraded to fibre.  They're also considering adding more bandwidth,
something I strongly support provided they add it in the form of an
alternate backbone.

--
Show me the code or get out of my way.