Re: FreeBSD to use a packaging system close to Debian?

Alex Yukhimets writes ("Re: FreeBSD to use a packaging system close to Debian?"):
> This is a bit off-topic, but could you please tell me how you felt about
> someone asking about changing the license of your program to something
> less restrictive?
>
> That is to think about that Debian people do that all the time.

The restriction they were asking me to relax was the prohibition
against making the licence more restrictive.

I would not be happy to see a commercial, forked dpkg, so I have to
say `no' when people ask me to relicense it under an X-like licence.

I would not be happy to see a commercial package manager consisting of
extra code based on a modified dpkg, so the LGPL is no good either.