Re: FreeBSD to use a packaging system close to Debian?

Richard Braakman writes ("Re: FreeBSD to use a packaging system close to Debian?"):
> Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> > I suggested that they use dpkg itself but they refuse because it's GNU. NIH
> > striked again.
>
> Yeah.  How unreasonable of them to worry so much about licensing issues ;-)

I was approached by someone - I can't remember who, now, but they
didn't have any `official standing' with any of the *BSDs - who asked
me whether I would be willing to put dpkg under an X-like licence or
under the LGPL.  I said no, I probably wouldn't be willing.