Re: cc'ing (was Re: Mozilla goes GTK+ instead of Qt)

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998 19:42:26 +0000 (GMT), Jules Bean wrote:

>> >not everyone uses an ISP. many are behind corporate firewalls or at
>> >a university. they can use Reply-To to direct replies to their home
>> >account.

>>     Then they should use the home account to read the mail in the first
>> place.

>Why?

>I'm at university.  My university sensible enforces some From: address
>checking, but allows me to set the Reply-To: (which I don't).

>Why should I use my home account from here?  That would cost me a
>long-distance phone call, and reduce my bandwidth from 10Mbps to 28.8K :-)

    Then you don't need it since most of your mail is already going to your
university account, it is working, and you don't have a problem with that
(from your prebious messages).

    Tell me, what would be the point of directing mail to your home account
if you have to call it, long distance, to retrieve it?  Unless, of course, it
is stored at the ISP and you have a shell there in which case you could
telnet in.