Status of X packages

As far as I know, the XFree86 packages in slink/potato (X*3.3.2.3a-6)
are still broken.  They have been broken for a while, and it was
recommended to us that we -don't- upgrade unless we are willing to put
up with the brokenness.  There was a flurry of releases that stopped
with *-6, but no announcement that the brokenness was fixed.

The most recent movement with the X packages has been the filing of a
release-critical bug against dpkg, because builds of *-7 won't work
until the bug is fixed.

Since people are starting to upgrade to *-6, and it's still broken,
perhaps we should downgrade the X packages in slink to the last working
version (which I think is *3.3.2.3a-1), and move the current packages
to experimental.
--
     Buddha Buck                      bmbuck@acsu.buffalo.edu
"Just as the strength of the Internet is chaos, so the strength of our