Re: No Admintool for debian?

[ as per recent discussions, please don't cc me ]

On Mon, Nov 02, 1998 at 12:47:49PM -0800, Darren Benham wrote:

> On 02-Nov-98 David Welton wrote:
> > Is this even free software?  I have gotten the impression that it is
> > not, but am not sure, as I haven't ever taken the time to go get a
> > suse cd and play with it.

> No it isn't.  But I don't think he was saying to include THAT.  I
> think he was using it as a comparison.  We don't have anything LIKE
> yast and whatever it is Red Hat uses.  (I only had RH installed for
> about 3 days before I switched to SuSE back then).

Redhat uses Linuxconf, afaik.  The difference is that, linuxconf, and
all the redhat conf tools, are, to my knowledge, free software,
meaning we could take them and tweak them.  If they are indeed good,
no sense reinventing the wheel.  OTOH, non free software is of course,
totally useless.  Sounds like linuxconf is the one worth
investigating, for those of you who are interested in this project.

Ciao,

	Debian GNU/Linux - www.debian.org