Re: Communicator - Xserver problem

*- Rainer Dorsch wrote about "Communicator - Xserver problem"

| I faced a strange bug in Debian / Netscape Communicator / XServer (or
| whatever). Since I have no idea, in which package the problem is, I post the
| problem here.
|
| What happens:
|
| I installed Debian 2.0 from CDROM. After setting up X, I installed the
| netscape4 and installed it with the comm*4.05*.tar.gz in the /tmp directory.
| So far the same as on other Debian installations I did, but now
|
| Starting mozilla (the navigator) brings up the navigator and all buttons in
| the toolbar are black instead of green. But this is really the only color
| problem I obsered (gimp startup looks good, xv startup looks good, and even
| the pages loaded withing netscape look good!).

[snip]

| Does anybody know a test which could help to localize the problem on $PDM (as
| stated, the problem occurs only in mozilla so far!)

Are you running X with 32 bit color?  If I remember correctly Netscape
buttons display as all black in 32 bit color depth.   The only work
around is to run in another color depth.  Someone correct me if I am
wrong.

--
Brian
							   - unknown