Communicator - Xserver problem

I faced a strange bug in Debian / Netscape Communicator / XServer (or
whatever). Since I have no idea, in which package the problem is, I post the
problem here.

What happens:

I installed Debian 2.0 from CDROM. After setting up X, I installed the
netscape4 and installed it with the comm*4.05*.tar.gz in the /tmp directory.
So far the same as on other Debian installations I did, but now

Starting mozilla (the navigator) brings up the navigator and all buttons in
the toolbar are black instead of green. But this is really the only color
problem I obsered (gimp startup looks good, xv startup looks good, and even
the pages loaded withing netscape look good!).

The problem seems to be tacked to this screen/Xserver (Millenium II,
SVGA-Server). Starting mozilla from a remote machine has the same problem!

In short:

PDM: Problematic Debian machine
OM: other machine

Not working:
1.	PCM$ netscape
2.	PCM$ ssh OM
	OM$ netscape

Working:
1.	OM$ netscape
2. 	OM$ ssh PDM
	PDM$ netscape

Does anybody know a test which could help to localize the problem on $PDM (as
stated, the problem occurs only in mozilla so far!)

--
Rainer Dorsch
Abt. Rechnerarchitektur  e-mail:rainer.dorsch@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de