Re: "goals" for slink: FHS

>         On the contrary, opinions are frequently wrong. People in two
>  states in the US were convinced in the last cventury that Pi was
>  exactly 3.14, and nearly passd laws to the effect. They were wrong.

Actually, it was their facts that were wrong.  They were of the "opinion"
that a fixed digit number would be easier for engineers, mathemetitians,
and the like.  In that regard, they were not wrong.

They did not realize that PI is a universal constant and cannot be changed
just to be convienent.

If someone were to claim that it was their opinion that PI was exactly
3.14, then I suppose that opinion would be wrong, but I don't know if that
could classify as an opinion.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

                    I can resist anything except temptation.