Re: "goals" for slink: FHS

> But we can make symlinks from /usr/share/doc  to /usr/doc  and
>                               /usr/share/man  to /usr/man  and
>                               /usr/share/info to /usr/info for the first time
> until  all  info-, man- and doc-programs check both paths.

I don't think we can.  If we later change those symlinks to be real
directories, suddenly there could be hundreds of files installed in
the wrong place where dpkg could never find them to remove them.

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )

 It's the weak who are cruel.  Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.